Saturday, September 16, 2006

Random thoughts

• Did you know that I am a fan of Justin Timberlake? That's right, I said it. I am not impervious to the lure of cute boys who sing and dance. His new album is pretty swell, but I must say that I have to draw the line at the song where he assumes the character of "Bob," a guy who has a "problem with the little white rock" and "can't put down the pipe." Come on, JT. I would maybe buy you as a compulsive shopper, or a compuslive hand washer, or MAYBE as having an addiction to prescription pain killers. But crack? I think not. On a related note, is it weird that I think Dave Chappelle's crackhead character Tyrone Biggums is very endearing? I love that guy, with his itchy neck and his white lips. He might be my favorite part of that show.

• The Office (the American version) is the best show ever. Season two finally just came out on DVD, and season three starts this Thursday. I think everyone should see all the episodes on DVD and then watch the show for real. DO NOT watch it on Thursday if you've never seen it before, because there was a huge cliffhanger and if you see the result, it will spoil the entire first two seasons for you. Can you tell I have a lot invested in this? Man oh man, if things don't go the way I want on this show, I will be inconsolable. PS--NBC should pay me for promoting them. They could at least give me a free Dwight Schrute bobble head.

• A new episode of The Office is the only thing that will possibly fill the void of Project Runway, which is a rerun this Wednesday. Bastards!

• Last night I picked up food from Buffalo Wild Wings, and the kid at the counter gave me a Diet Coke for free. As if BWW needed to do anything else to cement its status as my BFF. Mmmm honey BBQ.....

• After my chicken wrap and free pop, I went to see "Accepted," which was surprisingly hilarious. I mean, it wasn't the best movie I've ever seen or anything, but it was highly enjoyable. Lewis Black is the best. He's got crazy, angry, pointy fingers.

• Annnnd I'm out of random thoughts for the moment. See ya!

4 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

I'll admit that I secretly love "sexy back" .... it's just so darn catchy. I am counting the days until we reunite with Mikey P in Champana and are presented with what could only be the most amazing cello performance in the history of the world.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

I too love " Sexy Back". I've had a terrible crush on Justin for quite a while. Not at the start of N*sync, I have to admit, then I had a thing for Joey Fatone ( who now is like 35), but now I have it bad for Justin.

P.S. Just had to share this, I totally detest Steve Carrell, so I am not fond of the Office. :-) So that cements it, we can never date, as our tastes are just to different. That, and I like men.... but mostly because you LOVE I heart huckabees. :-)

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

mmmm buffalo wild wings. i will do your bidding as soon as i come up with something good to say. can't force these things, you know. :o)

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

John - Nice comment ya weirdo

Holly - I hope you're picking out some good sheet music for this trip. Mike's already planning his detour into Wheeling to retrieve you and your massive musical instrument.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home