Friday, October 06, 2006

Shostakovich, Adam Sandler, etc.

Hello my friends. I have not updated in a while, mostly because of Richard Strauss. He's a douchebag. I just have a few little points.

1.) I went to see the CSO play Beethoven 6 and Shostakovich 5, and afterwards I decided that Shostakovich 5 is probably one of my favorite pieces ever. HOWEVER, Shostakovich is still not one of my favorite composers, because I really only like Shostakovich 5 because it sounds like Mahler, so it really doesn't qualify me as a Shostakovich fan. It is similar to how liking Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love, but not liking any of his other movies, makes you not exactly an Adam Sandler fan. And just to be thorough, let me say that I like Adam Sandler very much in a number of his movies, most notably Punch Drunk Love, The Wedding Singer, and Billy Madison. I do like some Shostakovich pieces in addition to the fifth symphony, but on the whole, I think he is overrated. As for Beethoven, he is, as always, one of my many BF'sF.

2.) Massive thunderstorms on Monday night broke our satellite, and it won't be fixed until next Wednesday. The resulting grief and depression has revealed how pathetically addicted to TV I am. Thankfully, Project Runway had its reunion show this week, so I did not miss anything crucial, and I was able to dig out some rabbit ears to watch Lost and the Office.

3.) I am too lazy to not write in run-on sentences today, although I think that technically, my liberal use of commas makes them grammatically acceptable.

4.) Coca-cola Zero is swell.

5.) And finally, at last, I think I have reached terminal nerd-osity, because I checked out "The Silmarillion" by J.R.R. Tolkien from the library, but I could not even get past page two. Finally, something TOO geeky for me!

Toodles!

4 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

1 - I wish I knew more about classical music so that I could pretentiously leave a comment about Strauss or Mozart.
2 - LOVE Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love
3- Stop seeing the CSO and start auditioning already!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

1. what are your feelings on schoenberg?

2. what are your feelings on spanglish?

3. why is richard a d-bag?

4. when are you coming to play with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger courtney said...

whoa, one of my friends and i were just talking tonight about how unfortunate it was that spanglish kind of stunk because i usually love tea leoni. and the new actress who played the main character was good. but the movie itself kind of sucked overall. crazy.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

HOLLLLY!
You make me feel so happy and proud.
Good luck, you know you are fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home