Thursday, October 12, 2006

Snow? Are you kidding me?


What is wrong with this picture? This is like three seasons converging. I disapprove. Luckily, the sun has come out and is melting this ridiculous development.

This had better be shortlived, because I have big plans for the weekend of the 21st that would benefit from open windows. That's right, after my audition is over on the 20th, I'm gonna relax and reward myself with....manual labor! AKA painting my room. My room has looked exactly the same since approximately 1998, when I painted the walls white with a VERY bold blue in the closet and on the trim. Now the white is rather battered and dirty, and the imperfections in the blue are wearing on me. I'm going to go for a creamy pink or peach on the walls with white in the closet and on the ceiling. I have two conundrums that perhaps you all can educate me about. 1) What do I have to do to be able to cover up the blue with white paint? 2) As the picture below illustrates, a patch of my drywall was damaged when my closet shelves fell down. How would one repair this? Maybe I can just paint over it and hang a picture there? Oy. These are the things I find to distract myself from my looming audition.


* Yes, I realize that by bitching about the weather and discussing home improvement, I have created an absolutely geriatric blog entry. My excuse? I'm on a fixed income!!!!! Wahhhhh!!!

5 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I suppose you don't normally have to specify that the ceiling be white. But you did anyway just for me. If you don't care to contribute to my revolution, that's fine.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Uh, they make this really really thick primer that is made for covering bright colors. This sounds so nerdy, but I would seriously spend the extra money to buy such a primer as it will save you countless coats of cheap white paint. Believe you me, as someone that has wasted the effort on the countless coats .... do some research before you begin.

God, I'm so old. I'm giving you advice on PAINT. Sometimes I disgust myself.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

OOO.... that primer you should get to cover your blue is called Kilz. Or Killz, but I think it's with one l. It works really well, and is extremely think. It's almost like painting with pudding... not that I've done that.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i want to HELP! don't do it until i'm home!!!!!!

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i changed my blog URL to http://itzjamn.blogspot.com
so you should change the link to my blog you have on here to that URL too!


and your last name is safely off my site, not to worry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home