Saturday, October 21, 2006

*Ahhhh*

My audition is OVER, and went satisfactorily, so I am now feeling very happy and relieved. And most importantly, my room painting project can commence!

I picked up some color samples and some spackle. There were probably 1,001 holes in my wall, because I used to be obsessed with moving my furniture around, which meant that my posters were moved around a lot too. So now my room looks like it had bad acne and then applied a dab of Clearasil to each and every spot. I found spackling to be a therapeutic and oddly satisfying activity. And did you know that it smells like Nickelodeon® Gak? That took me back.

But in a few days, I will be surrounded by Pink Bauble, Coral Cream, or Fairytale Pink...which one would you pick?



In other news, within the past week I saw "The Departed" and "Marie Antoinette." The first is all ultra-violent machismo and the second is all frilly dresses and feminine subtlety, but I enjoyed both of them for the same reason: eye candy. The presence of both Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio in the same movie was mind boggling. And seeing all the gorgeous costumes and gilded extravagance of Versailles made me kind of wish I could incorporate some floral tapestries and French Rococo furniture into my bedroom make-over...do they sell that stuff at Ikea? Doubtful.

"Marie" was pretty good, despite being overly long and slow, but I still think Kirsten Dunst is one of the worst actresses EVER. She only gets by in this movie because there is so little dialogue. She is probably 50% responsible for the Spider-man movies being horrid, with the other 50% belonging to how ridiculous the villains are.

WOW is it nice to spend a whole day thinking about pink vs. peach and movies after a month of obsessive practicing.

6 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I think you should for sure go with the RED (mostly because we have a very red wall my living room that I love). Also, please be sure to become one of the first to pioneer the Poellmann ceiling.
Just do it..... someday you'll be glad you took this advice.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Great to hear about the audition. When you're hired, can you get me free tickets close to the stage?

What Jenny neglects to mention is that the ceiling of a women's restroom at UWM is also painted bright red. I would have chosen something a little more subtle, but my point is somebody at UWM stole my idea. So don't worry about being the first to do it. Besides, painting ceilings is a pain.

And yes, I did walk into the women's restroom to see this thing.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger courtney said...

he sure did walk into the women's restroom.....

oh, and good to hear you auditioned. in the immortal words of jennifer adam: you make us feel happy and proud. and we all want free tickets. and opera glasses. and we're going to make embarassing signs. and we might yell things out inappropriately. that's all.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

Congratulations, Holly! You're the random lucky winner of I'm Just Sayin Is All...'s Cut-Off-My-Head-And-I-Can-Still-Play-Franz-Haydn-On-The-Cello prize package. Please email me your mailing address (imjustsayinisall@gmail.com) ASAP.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

I'm all for serious! Wasn't that SO easy? The saracastically anti-corporate free music giveaways will continue too... tell all your friends. You like Shawn Colvin? How about Peter Frampton?

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i would like everyone to know that holly's room is done and it's BEAUTIFUL. it's like a magical cotton candy wonderland.
mmmmmm.... cotton candy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home