Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Quick addition

• Got new curtains. Ta-tas are safely hidden from public view.

• I managed to watch one of those DVDs before I took them back. It was François Truffaut's "The 400 Blows," and it was, surprise surprise, a MALE COMING-OF-AGE story. Noooo not again! I'm so sick of adolescent boys! Well duh what should I have expected from a French New Wave movie. And I'm sorry, I know it's a legendary film and everything, but it was boring. Isn't that often the case? Movies like this broke new ground in their day, but that time is long past, and when you actually see the original stuff, it's just not impressive. Uh oh I probably sound like one of those people who don't understand how amazing the Beatles are because all pop music since then has emulated them and extrapolated from what they did. I always yell at those people, so now I guess some film snob can yell at me. But it's not exactly the same...I mean, I'm not saying ALL old movies are boring...just that one.

2 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

My favorite really old influential movie is Ingmar Bergman's "Through a Glass Darkly."
Then again, I love watching someone slowly go crazy in a foreign language.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

Damn, the curtains are gone. I was so going to travel to where you lived and peek in your windows!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home