Thursday, March 29, 2007

Am I here?

Do you ever fear that you may have turned invisible overnight? Or that you are like Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense? I say this only because I have sent a number of emails/messages this week that have been totally ignored, or at least they have been unreturned. No, this is not a passive aggressive nudge to anyone who reads this blog, because none of you are in the club of people who have decided to deny my existence this week.

Maybe the cosmos has told everyone to leave me alone because I should really be practicing for my audition tomorrow, not putzing around...darn Cosmos, such a task master.

This is probably just a symptom if irrational pre-audition paranoia. I mean, at any other time, a day or two would seem like a perfectly reasonable amount of time in which to respond to a message. But my current state of mind - the one that has crazy fears that I will just completely forget how to play the cello, or that I somehow got the date of the audition totally wrong - keeps insisting that this is an unacceptably long turnaround time.

Okay, I have sufficiently distracted myself for 10 minutes. Back to practicing! Or, back to not actually existing....

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

Oh Holly! Such fears, that I sometimes share.

When I am alone by myself all day ( which hasn't happened in about a year or two, unfortuanetly), and I have no human contact, I sometimes have to go outside and see if there are cars about, or call someone, as I am afraid that everyone has disapeared, except for me.

Also, when I've had job interviews, or anything important, I look at the date and the time about 4 times each day before the actual event, and then the day of, look at the date/time every hour, and the closed I get, the frequency increases, when it gets to the point where I am just constantly looking at the date/time.

Good luck!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home