Monday, March 12, 2007

"Apple Blossom" by The White Stripes is a fantastic song

1. I think I have mentioned before that I really don't like it when other people have my name? How I like to think that I am the only Holly? Psychoanalyze this however you will. Now, obviously, I know there are other Hollys. For the most part, they represent the name well...Holly Go Lightly (both the character from Breakfast at Tiffany's AND the indie musician), Holly Hunter, Buddy Holly. But why...WHY must there be a Playboy playmate named Holly who is now, at age 27, marrying Hugh Hefner? She is besmirching what I like to think of as a dignified name. I would expect this from a Brandi, a Chastity, even a Tiffani, but a Holly? A Holly who spells her name properly, not with an "i"?!? (PS, no offense to anyone named Brandi, Chastity or Tiffani. Chastity Bono is obviously an exception to the rule that Chastity is a stripper name)

2. I discovered two days ago that Barbra Streisand is an amazing singer. I had never really watched any of her movies or listened to any of her music because of her diva image, but I watched "Funny Girl" and I was blown away. She is like Judy Garland, only better, probably because she was never horribly addicted to drugs. This significantly strengthens the theory that I am a gay man on the inside.

3. Did anyone else watch Eddie Izzard's new show Riches on FX? It was so good. When did Eddie Izzard get so hot? He has always been attractive, but never like this!

4. "What is the What" by Dave Eggers is a fantastic book.

5. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Celebrate safely.

1 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

Yes, when Did Eddie Izzard get so hot. I couldn't believe it when I saw him. I did't think it was him at all. See, some men get hotter as they get older.

Ahh.. see that's why we get along. You are a gay man on the inside, and a girl on the outside, and I am a gay man on the outside, and a big girl on the inside. We should try some voo doo ceremony to switch our insides... or something.

P.S. I can't believe your friend though Jessica Tandy was in Steel Magnolia's! Yes, that definetly ( I have a terribly time spelling that word) would have pushed it up past the gold star level.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home